Cooking With Carmie's
Enjoy our dip mixes in new ways! If you’ve discovered a delicious and creative recipe using our products and would like to share, please send to email@example.com. Below are some of our favorite recipes…Enjoy!
- Carmie's Kitchen Roasted Garlic Spread
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 pkg. Roasted Garlic Dip Mix
Directions: Mix ingredients and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight before serving. Spread on bread and bake until lightly browned.
- San Angelo Firecrackers
- 1 pkg. Texas Wildfire Dip Mix
- 16 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 20 fresh jalapenos, halved and de-seeded
- 20 slices bacon, uncooked and halved
Directions: Mix cream cheese and Wildfire mix with electric mixer until thoroughly blended. Refrigerate for 3 hours or more. Fill each halved jalapeno with cream cheese mixture, wrap with halved bacon, and secure with toothpick. Grill or broil on medium heat until bacon is crisp. Remove from heat and enjoy! Excellent served with our JR’s Ranch dressing!
*Also delicious using our Green Chile & Cilantro Dip mix as substitute.
- Carmie’s Layered Bean Dip
- 1 - 16oz can refried beans
- 2 - 4oz cans chopped green chiles
- 1 pkg. Mañana Mexcian Dip Mix
- 3 avocados, mashed or 1 cup prepared guacamole
- 3 bunches green onions, chopped
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ lb. cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 Tbsp. prepared salsa
- ½ lb. Monterey jack cheese, grated
- ¼ c sliced olives
- 1 large tomato, diced
Directions: Mix beans and Mañana Mexican dip thoroughly and then spread onto bottom of deep-sided serving bowl. Then in order of your choice, layer guacamole, sour cream, salsa, onion and green chiles. Top with cheese, tomato and olives. Great with Fritos or tortilla chips!
- Sour Cream & Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas
1 lb. chicken breast, cooked and chopped
1 ½ c milk
18 flour tortillas
1 c sour cream
½ c flour
2 c cheddar cheese, plus additional
½ c butter or margarine
1 pkg. Green Chile & Cilantro dip mix
For enchiladas: Place a line of chicken on each tortilla, top with cheddar cheese, and then roll to make an enchilada. Place in a 9”x13” baking dish.
For sauce: Melt butter and add flour, stirring constantly to make a thick paste. Whisk in chicken broth and milk. Stir sauce until thickened, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream and 1 package Green Chile & Cilantro Dip mix. Pour sauce over filled enchiladas and sprinkle grated cheese on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes, or until heated through and cheese is melted.
*Serve with shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, and diced onions if desired.
- Slow-roasted Beef & Vegetable Medley
2 lb. beef roast, sliced into 4 pieces
4 medium potatoes, quartered
4 carrots, roughly chopped, not frozen
1 pkg. Sun-dried Tomato Dip Mix
Add all ingredients to crock pot and cook on low heat for 8-10 hours. You’ll be very pleased with the tender, very tasty results!