Carmie’s Kitchen Lemon Lime Cupcakes
Nothing reminds me of spring and sunshine more than lemon cake. Carmie’s Kitchen Key Lime Cheesecake is the frosting used on these lemon cupcakes, and the bright and fresh citrus flavor makes it a perfect Easter Sunday treat.
- 2 pkg Carmie’s Kitchen Key Lime Cheesecake Dip Mix
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened
- 16 oz Cool Whip
- Zest of 2-4 limes
- Lemon cupcakes (we used a lemon cake mix)
1. Make lemon cupcakes according to package directions; cool on wire rack.
2. Prepare frosting by combining cream cheese, Cool Whip, Key Lime Cheesecake mixes, and lime zest, using an electric mixer.
3. When cupcakes have cooled, pipe frosting on top.
4. Sprinkle with a little more zest if desired.
5. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve. Enough for 12 cupcakes.
Switch out our Key Lime for Carmie’s Lemon Ice Box Pie mix or Carmie’s Strawberries n Cream. Both would be great with the lemon cake.