Carmie’s Breakfast Skillet
Breakfast for dinner? Or breakfast for breakfast? Whenever you serve it, you’re going to love this simple and delicious all-in-one meal.
- 1 package JR’s Ranch Dip Mix
- 5 cups (20-24 oz) frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1/2 lb - 1 lb breakfast sausage
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 4 eggs
- Cooking oil
1. Cook sausage in cast iron skillet over medium heat until done; drain and set aside.
2. Add 2-3 Tbsp cooking oil to pan and add potatoes.
3. Cook until brown and crispy, about 5-7 minutes.
4. Stir in JR’s Ranch Dip Mix and cooked sausage.
5. Drizzle with a little more oil and sprinkle cheese over the mixture (or if you forget like I did, it’s ok to add later).
6. Make 4 small holes in the potato mixture and crack 1 egg into each spot.
7. Cover and continue cooking until eggs are cooked to your liking and cheese is melted.
If you prefer a little heat, serve with spicy ketchup (ketchup doused with several drops of hot pepper sauce) and add 1/2 fresh chopped jalapeño when cooking potatoes.