1/4 cup brown sugar
1. Combine all ingredients (except chicken and vegetables) and set aside.
2. Heat 1 Tbsp oil in pan over medium heat and cook chicken until browned and cooked through; remove from pan and set aside.
3. Add another 1 Tbsp oil to pan and cook vegetables until crisp-tender; remove and set aside.
4. Add 2 cups stir fry sauce (or add all of the sauce mixture to make it extra saucy) to the pan, heating until warm and thickened, about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
5. Dump everything back into the skillet, combining thoroughly. Serve with lo mein or rice.
Carmie’s Tip: This recipe makes 3 cups of sauce so we usually save 1 cup to cook later with beef or shrimp. Other tasty vegetable additions would be zucchini, carrots, mushrooms or peas.