Carmie’s Kitchen Chicken Saltimbocca
Prosciutto and herb-stuffed chicken seared golden brown, topped with a light wine butter and artichoke sauce. This simple and impressive recipe is made even better by using our Artichoke Parmesan dip mix to flavor the chicken and sauce. It’s absolutely delicious!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded flat or cut in half lengthwise
- 6 slices prosciutto
- 1 pkg Carmie’s Kitchen Artichoke Parmesan Dip Mix
- 1 10 oz can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 2 Tbsp capers
- 2/3 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or half & half
1. Place prosciutto in chicken and pound slightly so it adheres to chicken. Season chicken with 1 Tbsp Artichoke Parmesan dip mix, reserving the rest. Lightly coat each side of chicken with flour (optional).
2. Heat oil in a large frying pan and cook chicken over medium heat until browned and cooked through, starting with prosciutto face down; set aside.
3. Add wine or chicken broth to pan and cook for about 3 minutes. Next add artichokes, lemon juice, cream, and remaining artichoke Parmesan dip mix. Cook until thickened. Stir in butter and remove from heat.
4. Place chicken on a platter, prosciutto side up. Top with sauce and sprinkle with capers.
Carmie’s Tip: Add sautéed mushrooms to sauce. You can also top chicken with shredded Mozzarella and broil for a couple of minutes before serving.