Carmie’s Kitchen Hamburger Steak with Brown Gravy
Roasted garlic seasoned ground beef, sautéed mushrooms and onions, in a rich and flavorful brown gravy...it doesn’t get much better than this! Serve with mashed potatoes, rice or pasta to sop up the gravy. Trust me, you won’t want to leave any behind!
- 1 pkg Carmie’s Kitchen Roasted Garlic Dip Mix
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 2-4 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 14oz cans beef broth
1. Mix ground beef and Carmie’s Kitchen Roasted Garlic Dip Mix in a bowl until thoroughly combined.
2. Form into four round hamburger steaks; cook over medium heat in frying pan until browned and seared, about 4-5 minutes per side.
3. Remove steaks from pan.
4. Add onions, mushrooms and butter to same pan and cook vegetables until tender. Add more butter if needed.
5. Sprinkle flour over the vegetables and stir until dissolved.
6. Pour in broth and whisk for 2-3 minutes or until gravy begins to thicken.
7. Place hamburger steaks back in the pan and spoon the gravy over beef and vegetables.
8. Continue to simmer for 10 minutes or until gravy has thickened to desired consistency and steaks are cooked through.
Lightly flour the beef before cooking to make a crust.