ONE SKILLET! And it tastes great, so you’ve got to try it! Carmie’s Kitchen Italian Herb Dipping Oil is a mixture of basil, garlic, oregano, and other herbs and spices, with a pinch of red pepper. Combine it with pasta sauce and Penne pasta, add to cooked Italian sausage and you’ve got a delicious and hearty meal...all made in one pan in under 30 minutes!
- 1 or 2 pkg Carmie’s Kitchen Italian Herb Dipping Oil*
- 1 lb Italian sausage, spicy or regular
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (24 oz) jar pasta sauce
- 1 (16 oz) box Penne pasta
- 2-3 cups water
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese and fresh basil
1. Cook sausage and onion in a large pot over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sausage is browned and onions are soft, about 7 minutes. Make sure to break up the sausage into small crumbles.
2. Add pasta sauce, Carmie’s Kitchen Italian Herb Dipping Oil, and 2-3 cups water.
3. Bring to boil, then stir in uncooked pasta. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add more water if needed.
4. When pasta is cooked through, remove from heat and serve.
5. Garnish with Parmesan cheese and fresh basil, if desired.
*For a spicier pasta, use 2 packages of Italian Herb and use spicy Italian sausage.
Carmie’s Tip: Italian Herb Oil mixed with pasta sauce is a great way to spiff up traditional spaghetti or to be used as a pizza or marinara sauce.