Carmie’s Kitchen Beef Tostadas
Try our version of the oversized nacho! With maybe a little less chip and more of your favorite toppings. We baked our corn tortillas in the oven for a nice & healthy crunch, added seasoned refried beans and taco meat, and then dumped on all of our favorite toppings. This is a fun meal for the family because each person can build their own just the way they like it!
- 1 pkg Carmie’s Kitchen Manana Mexican Dip Mix
- Corn tortillas
- 1 can refried beans
- Cheddar or Pepper Jack cheese, grated
- Chopped romaine
- Tomatoes, chopped
- Ground beef and taco seasoning
- Toppings: Jalapeños, avocado, sour cream, onion
1. To make the base layer, bake corn tortillas brushed with olive oil on a cookie sheet for about 10 minutes at 400 degrees. Flip midway through baking to crisp both sides. Make sure they’re crunchy like a chip so they’ll hold all the toppings, but not overcooked.
2. Next up, heat refried beans in a saucepan over medium heat. Add a little water to thin the beans (2-3 Tbsp) and 1 package Manana Mexican Dip Mix; stir well. Cook until heated through and remove from heat.
3. Cook 1 lb hamburger meat with taco seasoning, according to taco package directions; set aside.
4. Spread the seasoned beans on the tostadas and sprinkle with cheese of your choice. At this point, I wanted a melted cheesy layer so I popped the tostadas in the oven for a couple of minutes to melt the cheese. Or you can skip this step and keep layering!
5. Add the seasoned beef, and then follow with all of your favorite toppings. Eat up!Carmie’s Tip: If you don’t have time to bake tortillas, regular tortilla chips work nicely as the bottom layer-you can enjoy family style!
Variations: Mexican crema, pickled jalapeños, corn, Cotija cheese, or use chorizo instead of taco meat.